28 October 2012

Two seasons in one day

Today, 28th October, was a very cold day. I was far far away from Prague for the weekend, walking to our hotel with a few friends just before midnight, when the snow started falling. By the time I woke up, the whole place was covered in about five centimeters of snow. As we drove back to Prague, some places looked a bit like winter wonderland. In big cities like Prague, the snow is a few degrees uglier than in the countryside, but I am really glad that I live at a suburb and get to enjoy it just a little bit more.
 
This big cold wave came quite soon in the year and also quite suddenly. The trees did not throw all the leaves down yet and already they were covered in snow!
 

Anyway, it is melting already and if it freezes overnight, do not let your Grandmas out to slip on the pavement and break their bones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...