17 November 2012

Almost Winter

I felt the blog needed a change. It was too jolly and happy and optimistic and green and lively for the dull, dark and cold weather that is currently making itself at home outside. Instead, I chose this photo - it is a picture from Christmas 2007 taken in a forest above Košice (Slovakia). It was a year when we didn't get much snow, but every single thing - trees, cars, leaves of grass - got covered in hard frost overnight. If I take a more cheerful one this winter, I will replace this one, but so far this one reflects my mood perfectly.


Christmas in Košice, 2007

I don't know whether it's my fault or the weather's or whose fault it is (yet am trying very hard to blame it on someone), but these days are so incredibly unproductive - I start doing one thing, then get distracted and never get back to it... It's all about blankets, snuggles, hot cups of tea and overeating by sweets here. Many people think that as we do not really go out that much during the colder months, we get a lot of work done at home. Sure, in theory, but am I a person strong enough to suppress my inner mammal craving hibernation? Baking cookies during the following week might wake my inner mammal up for a while... but only for a block of time long enough to produce and consume. It seems that Mr. Pianorebuilder will have to do the dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo! We recently moved, so this year it will only get down to the 70's for winter - I miss being cold and sipping cocoa (with marshmallows of course!).

    I'd like to invite you to our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! This will be a weekly Sunday & Monday event :)

    Come link up and join in the fun!

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/11/sundaymonday-meet-greet-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...