28 August 2015

Chilling in Košice

Another summer holiday is nearly over, but before I go and fuly throw myself into the perils of a teacher's life, I would love to recap the summer in a couple of blog posts. 
My first stop this summer was my Slovakian hometown Košice.


The theatre and the singing fountain - during the day and at night.


The good food. From top left: traditional halušky, Gran's stuffed chicken with rice, Gran's soup with meaty dumplings and homemade noodles, Grandma's pork with cabbage and potato dumplings. Yum!

Urban's tower in the centre of Košice.

The little cafe in the lane of crafts.

St Elizabeth's Cathedral at night. A little shame about the scaffolding, but that only means they are making it nicer ;-)

It was two lovely weeks of seeing friends, visiting family, eating out or endulging in my Mum's and Grandma's cooking, admiring the cathedral, theatre and singing fountain in the town centre and overall (mostly) having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...