25 May 2013

Sunny Saturday

One of the three pumpkin plants that we planted last Saturday.

Last Saturday turned out to be a nice and sunny day in Woking, UK, so we finally planted the "Mammoth" pumpkins that my boyfriend grew so patiently, into the garden near some bushes.
For weeks I kept listening to his talks about his pumpkins, he sent me pictures and asked questions and reported how he was putting them out during the day and in during the cold nights and how they grew a bit every time he came to look at them. It is nice to see a grown-up man behave like a kindergartener who just discovered soil and seeds :)
And because gardening is highly contagious and one type of vegetable is never enough, there are little carrots and spring onions quietly growing their first little leaves in the corner of the garden too.

Carrots and spring onions are doing well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...