01 February 2014

Baby Toys : )

Back when I started making stuff for Etsy, I had a distant dream of creating something useful. Sure bracelets are pretty and beaded decorations help the Christmas atmosphere, but they are not useful. Nobody needs them. I wanted to create something that would be pretty, but also functional.


At the end of March, a new baby will come into my boyfriend's family, which inspired me to think about making things for a baby - sort of a training stuff so that I know how to make it when we expect our own baby one day.


On Thursday night, I sat down in my bed with a bunch of pretty cotton yarns and a crochet hook and started making a blue-and-purple toy. Originally, I thought it could be a long worm, but I got a bit bored on the way, so I terminated it and turned it into a stuffed ball.


I filled the inside with a 100% polyester toy filling wrapped in a nylon piece (reusing some older washed tights) so that the polyester fibres do not come out of the ball. To be honest I am terrified of a baby playing with these or even inhaling them.


Later that night I created a different one. Since the gender of the baby will be unknown until it is born, I tried to make the balls gender neutral, but colourful.


They can be for playing, throwing, squishing, rolling, but also for colour learning when the child is older. It is very exciting for me to create something that a little family member will use. And I also think they are very pretty, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...