27 April 2015

Blanket for a Doll

My little niece got her first doll this Christmas. Her name is Lily. By now Lily also has a pushchair to sit in and a little pillow, but she had no blanket, so I was kindly asked if I could make one. I accepted the challenge and using some leftover 100% cotton yarn that I brought from Prague, I had a go at mz first granny square pieces (or something that very much resembles granny squares, basically something square and colourful as far as I am concerned).


Here they are. All my squares ready to be sown together. Can you spot two that are the same? It was a complete accident! :) 


All sown together with a border crocheted around.


Nicely stitched together with yarns of various colours. I like it, I like the details and how imperfect it is.


 Here's the finished blanket, kindly modelled by Jeffery the cat.







I am very pleased with it and I am sure Lily is too. The only thing I could do better is hiding the sticking-out ends. However, I don't really mind. So.. back to the cute cat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...