09 July 2012

Summer trip to the UK

Once again I went to the UK to visit A and his family. We had a good week, even though we both had things to do, but we did have a lot of fun, well, because... because we are both slightly crazy :)

England is great - teas, cream teas, sandwiches, bagels, muffins, cupcakes, gardens, accents, fish and chips, fast moving clouds, puddings, sweets, digestive biscuits, roast dinners, red phoneboxes, post offices, double-decker buses, beautiful houses...

... and also England has something that Czech republic nor Slovakia do - HOBBYCRAFT! It is an awesome store, but very tempting to buy things that you actually do not need. Trouble with this is - as soon as you buy something that you find "nice", it pulls you into an entirely new craft that you have to try out and makes you buy more... I spent seven quid there only on buttons, which inspired A to try to make some wooden buttons, which turned out rather nicely... (more about them later)


Well, I had a good time :)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! And I love the buttons you chose! You are right - craft stores definitely give me the crafting bug, and I too tend to buy things I wouldn't normally just to try them out. Etsy does the same thing to me, I see something awesome and have to try it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...