08 April 2013

Sugar, caffeine and happy thoughts

Just like I missed out on last year's summer because of writing my thesis and studying for uni finals, I am missing out on this year's spring (no matter how dusky and cold it still is) because I am writing another thesis. Yes, I call that writing. At the unbelievably successful rate of one page per approximately seventeen excruciating hours. Yesterday I conquered MS Excel, today I am fighting with Photoshop and at all times I am deepening my aversion to and depression from programmes having to do anything with molecular biology. Yorkshire Gold tea, friendship bracelets and my bed are currently my best friends. Less than one month to go. I keep planning and thinking about all the things that I will do when I finish uni. I am even looking forward to writing a CV and looking for a job, seriously : )

And I also baked a cake. At least when things are getting a bit rubbish and stressful, life throws in some discounted strawberries to put into a cake. But for my own sake, I bought a smaller baking tray and decided to take baking in smaller bites. It can only be beneficial.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post, although I'm sad that you're stressed about uni finals and thesis. Only one month left!
    "At least when things are getting a bit rubbish and stressful, life throws in some discounted strawberries to put into a cake." - that has got to be one of my all time favourite sentences in a blog post I have read. It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventually we decided it is not good enough and I will be working on it over the summer as well. Which meansI can slow down. Trying to keep positive!! :) I am glad I made you smile, Ettie :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...