26 November 2012

An (extra)ordinary tree


There was a tree last weekend that I could not take my eyes off. A single tree, ordinary from the distance, but wonderful in a close-up, covered with mosses, lichens, even mushrooms and resting insects. I saw a lot and yet I probably only saw a fraction of what lived on it. And all of it looked even more charming in the light of afternoon autumn sun.

mosses just above the ground

higher up

different moss growing on a tree-trunk

resting on the tree-trunk


amazing combination of colours



where it splits into branches

the tree



4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are stunning photos. It's a world within a world, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd and beautiful. One of my favorite combination of things! :) Great photos!

    -- Ali from Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All that on one tree? Wonderful photos. Thank you for showing them to us.

    Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all on one tree!! It was a wonderful tree :) I love looking at the details of things and since my camera has a super macro tool and the sun was so nice, it was really easy to take these... I am glad they attract so much attention :)
    Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...