06 January 2013

Pre-Christmas Baking



Most of the traditional baking is done by my mother in Slovakia and every year I come to a finished thing. However, the Christmas spirit creeped upon me too this year and I started baking simple little yummies myself.
I am pleased to say that my first mince pies went well.
Trying to be creative with what I have - mince pies in silicone muffin cups,
ready to go in the oven
Finished mince pies
I also tried cutting out star shapes out of press-shaped pastry ( that I bought in a supermarket ) like before, except for changing the order in which I made the pattern and the shape – pattern first, then cutting out. Pressing pattern onto the star would totally ruin it. It was great fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...