25 February 2013

Moulting time


There has not been much activity in my millipede (Luculus terrestris) tank recently, the animal did not come out at night to feed, nor did it produce any waste. I was starting to get a bit worried, but I eventually discovered that it was hidden under the big mossy pillow that I brought from my trip last year and has given itself to shedding its old exoskeleton.

                                     

Last time some of my millipedes moulted was in July 2012. Now I only keep one, so I cannot tell whether it is the one that has already moulted or not, but I would say it is a different one. Here are some pieces of the old exoskeleton of which I managed to take photos back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...