01 May 2013

Redecorating the Snail Tank


I have been putting this off for way too long, in a hope that I might be moving somewhere else this summer and therefore have to use the box and make snails travel in something smaller. But as it seems, I am staying where I am at least until September, so I decided to clean the snail tank (my 120 l plastic box from IKEA), replace the lignocel and add some snaily fun stuff, according to this perfect blog post from snailsandslugs.wordpress.com .





They got some fresh lettuce leaves, cucumber and ground eggshells mixed into fruity baby food and some moss, pieces of wood and lots of dry oak leaves from our garden. Guess which of these was the first thing they crawled onto and started crunching?






This picture might serve as a little hint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...