11 May 2014

Walking with Snails and Slugs

This week has been quite wet and the rain woke up some of the wet-loving creatures in our garden, my favourite creatures of all - snails and slugs.


They woke up and ventured everzwhere in search of food - pavement, lawns, flowerbeds, even compost (lots of yummy yummy vegetable leftovers there). 


It was great to see the garden so refreshed and inhabited by so many lovely creatures of various species who love the rainy weather. Every time I go out and get caught up in the rain, even though it is terribly inconvenient, I think of it as "snailing weather" and think about all the nice slimy creepy-crawlies that I might meet on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...