02 June 2013

Butterflies in the Fata Morgana Greenhouse


Some weeks back, my great Slovak friend and I decided to go to Fata Morgana (a greenhouse of the Botanical garden in Prague) to see an exhibition of tropical butterflies that takes place there every year.
Butterfly pupae come from Stratford upon Avon (UK) and are stuck to wooden sticks and placed in the greenhouse where visitors can observe the whole process of hatching. Later, the adult butterflies fly around the greenhouse, among the plants and the people.

We also took a little walk through the outdoor part of the garden, which turned out to be a 4.5 hour hike :)


Thousands of toad tadpoles were wiggling their tails through the water of the garden lake.


I have never been to the desert part of the garden before, but I was really impressed. It was like entering a completely different world.


And as I have this habbit of zooming in and looking at some tiny creatures, I happened to find a few animals that were probably not there intentionally. It was great fun! I hope to be there more often and make use of my yearly ticket properly! Look forward to more great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...