17 June 2013

Foraging for Elderflower


It is elderflower season ad the internet is full of elderflower tips and recipes, so I decided to forage a little and get my share of flowers from the communal bushes. I have not foraged before, except for picking mushrooms in the woods with my family when I was a kid. Normally I would be sceptical and scared, but honestly - identifying elder is not very difficult. So I set out for a walk through the fields to look for some plants. I walked through some wheat fields, some thorns, encountered some small amount of ants and decided that sandals are not good footwear for this kind of activity, but eventually I did find my "victim plant" and went home with a nicely smelling bag full of delicious flowers.

I also decided to be super ecological on the way back and avoid public transport. I did, however, need a whole pack of garlic-flavoured Bake Rolls to make up for the energy loss on the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...