08 March 2015

How I Didn't Get the Job of My Dreams and What I Made While I Waited

I spent most of the past working week in anticipation of an e-mail regarding my job interview. It was really the job of my dreams, the person specification fit me perfectly, I dare say I was wonderful, the interview was very pleasant and even fun, I felt completely in my own element. It was zoology and teaching combined, I was qualified and charming...

Well, after checking my e-mail five times a week and slightly obsessing about what might be going on, I finally got a negative response. I guess someone was more charming and qualified (and what more - EXPERIENCED!) than me. Having waited for it so long, I was half expecting it and am still completely emotionless about it, wondering whether the big wave of sorrow will arrive or completely pass me by but it seems I am strangely ok with it.

Anyway, while I waited, I needed something simple to take my mind off things, so I crocheted. A lot. The top octohug took me only 24 hours from start to end (with breaks, of course!:) ) and you can look forward to seeing it on my fiance's website hamiltonpianos.com, posing on newly rebuilt pianos soon :)
The pink lady octohug was just finished last night and will be available on Etsy as soon as I take some good pictures of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...